Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Whats been going on

Hey lovelies ;)

I haven't posted in quite a few days, BOOO but l have an excuse I swear. When I wrote my last post I was sick, server tummy ache and vomiting and i presumed I had caught the 24hour bug that was going around so closed the curtains, pulled up the duvet and watched rubbish day time telly complete bliss if I hadn't been feeling quite as bad. During the night at about half 1 I jumped out of the bed in agony screaming with the pain, my wonderful mother ran in and within an hour I was in our local emergency doctor that opens when the GP closes, I was there for about 40mins with the doctor watching my every move, had two injections and was sent to the hospital emergency department.

ANYWAY, the PAIN was incredible and the hospital well it was an absolute joke! I waited two and a half hours in the waiting area, crying with pain I couldn't stay sitting cause it hurt, I couldn't stay standing cause it hurt and I was vomiting. Once I made it through to the a&e area so to speak it was EMPTY, there was one lady with a broken leg on a trolley in the corridor while every cubicle besides one was empty, why couldn't they give that women some privacy while she waited to be transfered to another hospital for surgery?? I was seen and told to wait on a chair for my bloods to come back, no pain relief nothing and the doctor, well he wasn't aware of being polite! The nurses (I'm only specking of those nurses working that night of course there are wonderful doctors and nurses out there) sat chatting!

After a while I told told I could have a bed because they could see the pain I was in, luckily as I ended up waiting in casualty for 12 hours! To cut a long story short I was seen by a surgeon and admitting to hospital where I stayed for a week, had an ultra sound and a scope(HORRIFIC!!! The anesthetic didn't work and I remember the whole experience and aaaaaaa.

I have suspected gallstones, but they couldn't see them in any of my tests except my spleen is very very enlarged yet I still have the symptoms of gallstones. :(

I'm home a few days but am still lying on the couch, Not able to eat but thankfully I am back drinking. I'm on a lot of tablets to ease the pain, which is bizarre to me because they don't know what there treating!

On top of that my granddad Jim passed away last week (he was my real granddads brother, that stepped in to act as a granddad when he passed away). I was unable to attend the funeral as the hospital wouldn't let me out which was very sad but I know he with me and listening to my prayers. I'll miss him very much, he was an incredible man who lived the most fulfilled life, I'll miss his stories, his singing, him falling asleep during the ads of his favorite show, the smile he always had when he saw hiss wife, his grand kids. Sham (as I always called him) I love you very much and know you are ALWAYS around, singing, laughing and your watching. I feel soooo blessed to have been given the chance to be his 'step' granddaughter with my brother and sister.

Rest In Piece


  1. Oh my god you poor thing. Look after yourself x x x

  2. Thanks Amy, hard couple of days, feeling extremely fed up, can't do anything :(. Hope your well xxxxx

  3. Hope you feel better soon gorgeous - we'll have that shopping spree once you're better xx

  4. Happy New Year..
    Hi, just wanted to say I attended this conference last year, and found it by far the best of about 8 conferences that I attended in the field. Full of professional insight based on testing by experts that knew what they were talking about. I would certainly go again and recommend it to anyone operating in this field.
    McDesert Safari